UPDATE- My favorite deals TODAY are these two with the following promo codes:
1. GROCERY35 is the promo code to enter for 20% off a grocery purchase. I tried a few things such as coffee but it did not work but it seemed to work for a case of Red Bull which made it way cheaper than I could have paid at Costco. I saved $13 on a case of Redbulls getting the price down to $24 or $1 per Red Bull.
2. PRIMEGCS – is the other promo code to use for #PRIMEDAY because it gets you $10 promotional code sent to you if you purchase a multi-pack of gift cards. I bought 3 $15 Amazon Gift Cards for $45. You will then get an email for a $10 promo code from Amazon to use in the future. Tip: Use your Discover Card for an additional 5%-10% back and click an Ebates link for another 3% on top of that!
Read below the jump below for the other amazing deals today!!
Amazon is barely out of it’s teens turning 20 which is actually quite a big birthday for a dot com e-commerce site that used to only sell books. To mark the occasion the mega-retailer is giving Prime members access to a sale event that they claim is bigger than Black Friday.
This may just be a way of rushing Back to School or really rushing Christmas shopping by Amazon comparing this sale to Black Friday. If you want to take time away from your summer vacation or a few minutes off work for the Prime Day sale it begins at 12am PT on July 15 and will push out new deals as quickly as every 10 minutes for a total of 24 hours.
You can sign up now and get in on the sale because it is for new Prime customers as well as old members. There’s no catch if you sign up for the 30-day free trial and still take advantage of the deals and cancel the subscription before you’re charged for Prime.
The sales will run across all departments, including electronics, appliances and apparel, and could appear as lightning deals and deals of the day. The sale is likely a play to entice shoppers to join Amazon’s Prime service. A yearly Prime membership costs $99 and bundles two-day shipping on select items with Amazon services like Instant Video, a music streaming service and access to special Kindle book deals. Read here about the benefits of an Amazon Prime membership besides the free shipping.
Make sure to use these credit cards to get an extra 5% off Prime Day and everyday charges at Amazon.
Amazon’s Prime Day will be a global shopping event offering more deals than Black Friday but exclusively for Prime members in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada and Austria. Be prepared to stick by the computer or smart phone starting Wednesday, July 15 at midnight with new deals starting as often as every ten minutes. Shop thousands of Lightning Deals and seven popular Deals of the Day and receive unlimited fast, free shipping.
We now have a list from Amazon of some of the items we plan to see, which include:
- Fire TV Stick, fastest selling Amazon device of all time, $15 off
- Kindle, $30 off
- Fire HD 7, $60 off
- Fire HD 7 Kids Edition, $60 off
- 32-inch LED TV, $75
- 40-inch 1080p LED TV, $115
- Brand-name 32-inch Smart HDTV, under $200
- 50-inch 4K TV bundle, under $1000
- Bose headphones at the lowest price ever on Amazon
- Chromebook laptop, only $199
- Over 50% off two Nikon COOLPIX cameras
- Highly rated binoculars, under $120
- Two security camera-kits, $279.99
- K’NEX 2-in-1 Ferris Wheel Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $35.99
- K’NEX Crossfire Chaos Roller Coaster Building Set (Amazon Exclusive), $23.99
- Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure (Amazon Exclusive), $9.99
- iRobot Roomba Pet Vacuum Cleaning Robot, under $300
- Husqvarna mower, under $300
- 40 lightning deals on DVDs up to 75% off
- Up to 50% off any of the Harry Potter books
- Save more than 70% on the Divergent Series Complete Box Set of books
- Save up to 70% on select kitchen products from top brands like Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Foodsaver and Thermos
- Save up to 50% on select tools for the DIY auto enthusiast
- Connected Car and Scan Tool products starting at 60% off
- Road-trip-ready automotive products starting at 50% off
- Save more than 50% on Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
- 30% off select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches & more
- 60% off Amazon Elements Baby Wipes with code ELEMENTS60
- Free luxury beauty sample box with $50 purchase of luxury beauty products, with promo code LUXSAMPLES
- Buy an Amazon.com Gift Card multipack, get $10 in Amazon.com promotional credit
- Get 25% bonus Amazon Coins when you buy 5,000 or 10,000 Amazon Coins
Chance to Win a $10,000 Amazon Gift Card in the #PrimeLiving Photo Contest
Amazon invites members to experience Prime Photos, one of the latest benefits of the prime membership and enter for a chance to win a $10,000 Amazon Gift Card by participating in the #PrimeLiving Photo Contest. What is #PrimeLiving? Members frequently reveal how much they love Prime. Now, Amazon is providing members a forum to share how Prime helps enable some of their happy moments. Did you save enough time today to take the dog for a long walk? Did you finish your shopping while lounging at the beach? Did you create a family film festival at home? Did you find the perfect playlist to create a summer dance party? After a long week of work, did you still arrive in the perfect outfit with just the right gift? Take a snap, capture the moment. Members simply sign into Prime Photos between July 6 and July 15 to submit a photo on the contest page amazon.com/primeliving. Photos will be selected and featured daily on Amazon’s social channels leading up to Prime Day. One winner will be selected in each country based on the image that most creatively captures a happy moment of #PrimeLiving. Winners will also be invited to have their photos become screen savers on Amazon Fire TV.