Now is a great time to consider a new credit card. To obtain the best deal, customers should perform some online research to find the best deals. Chase, Discover and Citibank often offer incredible deals for customers. For instance, these companies are offering cash back to customers who open a credit card for the first time. Consider these offers to obtain incredible savings with your card.
UPDATE: See our 2017 Updated List.
- This offer is for people with a good to excellent credit history which means, among other things, that your credit history is clear of bankruptcy and seriously delinquent accounts
- Earn $100 Bonus Cash Back after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers and 6 months on purchases
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 spent at gas stations and on Amazon.com from 1/1/12 – 3/31/12.
- You’ll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like grocery stores, restaurants and even airlines. It’s free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- Up to an additional 10% Cash Back when you shop online at select merchants through Chase
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
$50 Gift Card Offer
Chase offers their customers $100 bonus Cash Back after they spend $799 in purchases in their first three months. This card also has no annual fee and a 0% annual percentage rate for qualified card holders. Consumers will continue to save by offering 5% Cash Back on categories such as gas, department stores and home improvement. All other purchases will receive 1% cash back. When individuals shop online with Chase approved merchants, they may receive as much as 10% cash back.
|Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card||
Citibank is offering 10,000 ThankYou Points for recipients of the Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards Card. The ThankYou Points received are equivalent to a $100 Gift Card. Customers must make at least $100 in purchases within the first three months of having the account open to qualify. If the customer makes $600 in purchases within the first three months, then you will receive 20,000 ThankYou Points or a $200 Gift Card.
Citi Gold AAdvantage
Citi Gold will allow customers of earn 30,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $750 of purchases in the first four months. Customers will also receive 5,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after their first year anniversary with Citi Gold AAdvantage.
Sign-up Bonus Summary
Of the cards mentioned, Citibank Diamond Preferred Card requires the least purchases to receive Cash Back or a gift card for purchases made within the first three months. Citibank offers $200 for spending the same amount that Chase requires to earn $100. However, Chase offers customers 5% Cash Back on essential items and customers may earn up to 10% with Chase preferred vendors. Long term, Chase is the preferred card over Citibank because they only offer 2% on essentials and 1% on all other purchases. Discover is comparable to Chase; however, they require fewer purchases to receive $100 Cash Back Bonus. Additionally, they do not offer a higher percentage Cash Back for preferred vendors