Ibotta is an app and site which offers rebates and cash back for in-store purchases and, app purchases, and online shopping.
Sign-up here to get a $10 Bonus from Ibotta! See how to get the bonus below.
The majority of the site is dedicated to in-store rebates which offers cash back when you purchase specific items from a participating store.
After saving a specific deal in the app, proceed to buy the product and get cash back into your Ibotta account. You might get $.75 back on the purchase of Toiletry Wipes, $.25 back on milk, or $3 back on a case of beer, for example. They normally offer cash back on just taking a photo of a receipt or buying a generic (any) brand of milk or cheese.
Just make sure to save or unlock the deal before making the purchase. Go to the Unlocked Deals tab in the app to see which ones you’ve already added. Once added, it doesn’t need to be added again until it expires.
Sometimes you have to answer a poll or question about the brand before being able to save the deal. Which is no hassle at all and is probably how the brands pay iBotta to give you generous discounts.
Finding the best deal
Most deals are specific to a given store. Before shopping in Target, browse the Target section of the app and see if there’s a deal on any products you’re planning to buy. Alternatively, you can search by category, such as Grocery or Clothing, for all items in that category from all stores combined.
To be eligible for the rebate, items need to be purchased at specific stores. Usually, the deals are specific to one store such as Target, Walmart, Kroger, Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc). Other times you can get the rebate by purchasing the item at any partner store. Here is a list of all ibotta store partners. Look at the offer details carefully before buying.
Confirm your Purchase
In order to confirm that you purchased the item and thus qualify for the rebate, Ibotta requires one of two things:
1. Scan the barcode and submit receipts after the purchase.
For products which need receipt submission, they need to be scanned into Ibotta within 7 days of the purchase and before the offer expiration date which might sometimes be just one or two days away.
2. Another option is to link your store loyalty card before the purchase (Plenti card for Rite Aid or SYW for Sears). This option is only available at select retailers.
Aside from the item-specific offers such as Kombucha Probiotic drink, Tom’s toothpaste or Redbull, we’ll occasionally see an offer to get a few dollars off any purchase at a given retailer for something generic. For example, there was once a deal to get $5 off $50 for any Staples purchase or $5 off $100 for any Best Buy purchase. Currently, I see any cheese, any milk offers for purchase in-store.
These offer are way more useful since they’ll work for anything purchased at that store.
Ibotta also has a shopping portal for select merchants with competitive rates. The portal is only found in the app, not on the Mac or PC.
Before we dive into their portal rates, here’s how to find the available shopping portal merchants. Go to the bottom of the home page in the app and click on Mobile Shopping > All to see all merchants. You can also pull up a specific online retailer that from the search bar in the app.
There are currently around 30 retailers on their shopping portal; it’s by no means a full-scale shopping portal. You will see however far better deals than on Ebates and Swagbucks at various times. One example is Boxed.com offered a 10% cash back when on Ebates it only comes up at 2% as of this writing.
One interesting portal deal is a 2% eBay cash back rate which is a bit higher than other portals. You can either click through Ibotta to the eBay app or shop within the Ibotta app on eBay. We’ve used both of these options and they’ve consistently tracked the portal properly. There’s a limit of $10 per transaction, though, so keep that in mind for large purchases. (more…)
New Chase Freedom card members can get a $150 bonus after $500 in purchases, a $25 bonus for adding an authorized user, and a $50 bonus for each new card member that you refer for up to an extra $500 cashback in referrals.
The Chase Freedom card is available directly on the Chase Bank website, in Chase branches, and through our application link here for the up to $175 in bonuses offer.
Chase Freedom Card $175 Bonus Details
The Chase Freedom credit card is offering a $150 bonus after $500 in spending within 3 months.
Plus, you can also earn an extra $25 bonus when you add your first authorized user to your account and make a purchase within the same 3-month period.
SIGN UP HERE!.
Chase Freedom is a cash rebate credit card that provides new applicants with cash bonus promotions and excellent card features. The Chase Freedom card has no annual fees, so you’ll never pay an annual fee with this cash rebate card from Chase Bank.
Chase Freedom 5% Quarterly Rebates for 2017 Holiday Season – see here!
Chase Freedom 5% past cash back categories include:
- 5% Back at Department Stores
- 5% Back at Drug Stores
- 5% Back at Wholesale Clubs (such as Costco and Sam’s Club)
Here is a list of some of the hottest credit card bonus offers out there for air travel and hotel stays.
#1 Hilton Visa – 80,000 Bonus Points after $2k spend in 3 months . 80,000 points is a great start but not enough for even one night at most of their top tier hotels but is enough for 3 nights in a Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn. You still need to jump on this offer as it is one of the best they have had in the last few years. Also, the Hilton Visa does lots of promotions that are targeted such as a few I have right now. A few examples are spending $700 and getting 7,000 points and spending $10,000 for 10,000 points. Every bit helps you get towards your ultimate goal of a free night or two at a Hilton Resort. Also, make sure to grab the American Express version of the Hilton HHonors Rewards Card to the right. Apply Here.
#2 Citi Prestige Card (read here why this card is amazing) – 50,000 Bonus Points after $3k spend in 3 months. [creditcards.citicards.com] Tied with below:
#3 Citi Premier – 50,000 Bonus Points after $3k spend in 3 months. We applied for this card mostly because the annual fee of $95 is waived the first year. You could get both the Prestige and Premier cards to get up to $848 in American Airlines Flights.
#4 Marriott Visa – 80,000 Points after $3k spend in 3 months. You have until August 31, 2015 to take advantage of this offer but the annual fee is $85 is not waived. This is the best deal we have seen with Marriott Visa in some time and you can get another 80,000 with the business card for small business owners. If you do not plan on spending $3k and $2k instead there is also a 70,000 points offer available. It gives less miles but the $85 annual fee is waived and you get 1 free night (category 1-4) after you are approved. 80,000 is enough for 8+ free nights at category 1-2 hotels or 2 nights at the better hotels. Don’t forget about the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Sign-Up Bonus which was as high as 140,000 Points a few months ago and all of those points convert to Marriott Rewards if you use your Marriott number on the application.
80,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points! Most Ever!
#5 Citi Executive AAdvantage – 75,000 Mile Bonus after $7,500 spend in 3 months. While this card has a $450 annual fee that is(not waived it comes with several valuable benefits including but not limited to Admirals Club membership and 2 guests, credit up to $100 to pay for expedited Global Entry, priority check-in, and free 1st checked bag which more than pays for the card. Plus you get reimbursed on some charges when flying. You can score up to 3 domestic round trip tickets. If you do not mind paying the huge fee that you will get back and spending $7,500 then this works out to be one of the best cards on the market. [aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/earnMiles/beyondTravel/creditDebit/citi-executive.jsp]
See our Best Business Credit Cards for Free Travel and read why you should have an American Express card right now!!
We normally put together a list of our favorite credit cards each month and this is what we have come up with for 2016 from across the web. There are so many offers that it is sometimes hard to decide and because we are one of the only unbiased sites online that does not have affiliate links to offers you can assure we could care less which card you apply for. We just rank these cards in the order that we feel we would want to apply if we had not already had most of these cards and could reapply for them. Let us know if any of the links are broken or if you are having problems with these.
Keep in mind that miles and points are not equal and that each Hotel and Airline are not equal. There are also other factors we look at when weighing programs such as mile bonuses and how many more points we can earn per charge. Always read the small print on these credit card offers to make certain it is the right card for you.
Some recent card changes include The JetBlue American Express card which is being phased out for another program. The Barclays Lufthansa card has dropped the miles bonus so we recommend when it goes back to 50,000 miles. The Bank of America Asiana Miles and the US Bank LifeMiles also need to go back up to better bonus sign-ups before we would consider them again.
Here is the list of the top rated Rewards credit cards right now:
#1 Discover It – Our Favorite Card of 2016 is by far the Discover It Card. Not only is Discover a known pioneer of the credit card industry when it comes to rewards but its DOUBLE cash back offer is the best out there especially when they double your shopping and Apple Pay bonuses. Head here to get a $50 Bonus when you sign up and Double points for a Year.
#2 American Express Cards – American Express has had incredible Twitter and Sync offers for their accounts in the past year. Two must have cards are the Discover It card (above) and an American Express in your wallet. AMEX Offers pop-up and save me about a thousand a year. You can get these applied to any AMEX Card. Here are a few AMEX Business and Personal cards we rate the highest:
#3 Chase Credit Card Offers:
- 75 Points British Airways Avios
- Spend $2,000 in 3 months. Get 50,000 points. Spend $20,000 total in the first year for a total of 100,000 points.
- Great for having these Avios for U.S. domestic American Airlines flights or for use in Europe.
- $600 worth of points from Ink Plus
- Spend $5,000 in 3 months. Get 60,000 points.
- The points transfer to United, Southwest, British, Hyatt, British Airways, and more.
- 5x the points on purchases at office stores.
- You may be able to get a 70,000-point offer at your local Chase branch.
- 50k Miles United Airlines
- You may be targeted for the 50,000-mile offer when you log-into your account. You can also apply at airports at the kiosks for that offer.
- Business Owner? 50,000-miles with no annual fee for the first year. See here for details: theexplorercard.com/Business50KAFW.
- 50k Points Southwest Rapid Rewards
- Best Offer is to go to the Southwest Premier link and scroll down to where it says “Not the card for you” and click “More.” That way you will get the same card basically plus 50k points for only $69 instead of the $99 fee. The Plus Card does charge for foreign exchange fees but who uses their Southwest Airlines card for that?
- You get 50k points when you spend $2,000 in 3 months.
- The Premier Business card will also score you 50k points.
- 60,000-point Business Premier if you call 1-888-883-2721.
Two highly competitive cards are the Sapphire and the Arrival Card Below:
- Sapphire (creditcards.chase.com)
- Spend $4,000 in 3 months to get 40,000 points.
- These Ultimate Rewards points are highly valuable compared to most card issuers. The Sapphire Preferred card is still the best card to use for travel and restaurant purchases, assuming you don’t have a 3x or 5x card.
- Barclays Arrival (FindMyBarclayCard.com)
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 40,000 miles.
- The Barclay’s Arrival card has great value for non-bonused spending because you can earn 2.22 cents per dollar on everything. This makes it superior to the Sapphire Preferred Card from Chase on non-bonused spend when redeeming for travel purchases.
Citibank Credit Cards:
- 50k Miles American Airlines cards
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months. Get 50,000 miles.
- The American AAdvantage Executive card is back up to 75,000 miles for a limited time.
- 50k Points Citi Prestige
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months and get 50,000 points.
- Benefits include a $250 credit per year, but huge $450 annual fee.
- 60,000-point offer possible if you go into your local branch.
- Citibank shows cards you are prequalified for with a tool on their site where you should find this 50k offer. You may be targeted for a 100k point offer that would really be incredible.
- If you stay at a hotel for 4 nights you get the 4th night free by calling their travel concierge to book the stay.
- 50k Points Thank You Premier
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 50,000 points.
- Similar to the Prestige card but no huge annual fee.
- AT&T Citi Offer
Hot Hotel Card Offers:
Free Room at Ramada and Wyndham Hotels with Wyndham from BarclaysCard
- 15,000 points after first purchase which gets you a FREE night at any of their hotels.
- Book any hotel for 15,000 points a night including Ramada hotels.
- 2 Free Nights Hilton Honors Reserve
- Spend $2,500 in 4 months for 2 free weekend nights. Also, the annual fee of $65.
- Gold status while you have the card including upgrades, free breakfast, free wifi.
- 2 Free Nights Ritz Carlton (Marriott)
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 2 free nights at any Marriott or Ritz Carlton hotel.
- These 2 free nights will cost you at a $395 annual fee but it comes with a travel credit of $300 to use once per year and you can make it add up to $600 in credits if you plan it right.
- 2 Free Nights Hyatt Hotels
- Spend $1,000 in 3 months to get 2 nights, $50, and 5,000 points for adding a user.
- 80k Points InterContinental Hotel (IHG aka Priority Club)
- Spend $1,000 to get a possible 80,000 points plus the small annual fee.
- 85k Points Club Carlson Premier from US Bank
- Spend $2,500 in 90 days to get 85,000 points.
- Lot’s of great hotels across the world in beautiful places such as Amsterdam.
- You likely do not already have a US Bank Card
- 2 Free Nights Fairmont Hotel from Chase
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 2 nights and breakfast at any Fairmont.
- Expensive chain of hotels so the 2 free nights are worth the annual fee!
- Up to 80k Points Marriott (Chase)
- Spend $2,000 in 3 months to get 50,000 points.
- The regular 70,000-point Business link still works plus there are other offers for 40,000 points and $100.
- Find targeted 80k point offers by going into a Chase branch or calling.
- 70k Points Best Western from First Bank of Omaha
- First Bank of Omaha offers 4 different card options for this card with up to 70,000 points with one listed.
- You have to do some high spending to get the 70k points but you get the annual fee free for the the first year then its $59.
- Hilton HHonors has a card from Citibank and American Express. The AMEX Card will get you up to 75k points .
Bank Of America Cards:
- 25k miles Alaska Airlines
- Spend $1 and get 25,000 miles.
- Call 1.800.932.2775 and give priority code VACFQ7 if you cannot find a good offer for Alaska Airlines online you can also shop for a flight on their website and see credit card offers listed.
- Bank of America cards are easier to churn than other banks meaning you can possibly cancel the card and reapply to get the bonus again.
- You can apply for two BOA Alaska Airlines cards at once just by applying with two open browsers at the same time. It will also run on the same credit report inquiry.
- $200 Bank Americard Travel Rewards
- Spend $1,000 in 90 days to get 20,000 points. Offer is up $100 from its normal offer.
- Up to 20k points Amtrak
- 20,000 and 12,000 points cards offered but limitations on point transfer
Wells Fargo Cards:
- 40k points Propel
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 40,000 points.
- $500 Bonus Spark Business Card
- Spend $4,500 in 3 months to get 50,000 miles or $500 in travel purchases.
- Capital One also offers a beautiful green 2% back Spark Business Card with a $500 bonus.
- Venture (Personal)
- Spend $3,000 in 3 months then get 40,000 miles instead of the normal 20k mile offering.
BMO Harris Bank:
- Diners Club Elite (DinersClubUS.com for more information)
- 3x points at gas station, grocery stores, and pharmacies that can turn into Starwood points.
- 25k miles Aeroplan
- Spend $1,000 in 3 billing statements to get 25,000 miles.
- Not spectacular, but low spend and not the usual issuer.
- Virgin America
- Airline is expanding but they offer a card that allows you to cancel flights for free even though they barely offer any flights unless you live in their hub San Francisco.
- The Virgin America Platinum card has something that we wish all airline credit cards would have which is a cancellation-fee reimbursement. The annual fee is steep but if you fly Virgin America and cancel a lot of flights then this is a great card.
Other cards possibly worth mentioning:
- LAN (US Bank)
- 20,000 miles after first use. Was 25,000 before March 1.
- Down from a 40,000-mile offer.
- Frontier Airlines (Barclayscard)
- Spend $500 in 3 months to get 40,000 miles.
- Frontier’s miles expire after 6 months of no activity.
Citibank offers the Expedia card where you can spend $2,000 in 3 months and get 20,000 points.This comes with an annual fee but they offer a 10k card with no fee.
Choice Hotels has a card from Barclays and you can see some of their latest hotels here. This could be a good one to own for 4 free stays.
Cash Back Cards we wish that had a bigger bonus or any at all are the following:
- BarclaysCard NFL Card Offer was great a few years ago when they offered more than a $100 bonus. Let’s hope that bonus goes back up to $500 or so.
- TD Easy Rewards – 5% cashback select categories for 6 months.
- Fidelity Card– 2% cashback. $50 bonus available for now.
- Citi Double Cash – 2% cashback.
- BB&T Spectrum Card– 3% cashback for 90 days, plus bonuses. Limited states.
- Capital One Quicksilver Card – 1.5% cashback and 20% Back on Uber Ride Share.
- Barclays Sallie Mae – 5% gas, grocery, and books. On first $750 per month. Including Amazon!
The Ebates cash back shopping network is currently offering a $10 Gift Card bonus when you open a new account and spend $25 or more at your favorite store. Plus, you can earn $75 when you refer 3 of your friends with the special Tell-A-Friend promotion. Ebates is one of the largest free cash back shopping portals that offers up to 25% in cash rebates when you shop online at over 1,500 brand-name stores and service providers. I’ve made over $800 using Ebates the past few years just because I click on their link before I make a purchase.
You only earn a $5 per referral normally but right now Ebates is giving you a $20 bonus for each of the first three referrals. This means that you will earn $25 for one referral, $50 for two or $75 for three. Even if you only refer one or two people this works out to be a great deal. The people your refer also get a $10 gift card as well so everyone wins. In order to earn your $10 Gift Card bonus, they must spend $25 or more from clicking on a link in their shopping portal.
When hunting for energy in the great state of Texas it’s almost like shopping for a car. You normally have a friend refer you to ones they recommend or you look for the best deals being offered at the time. I have switched energy providers several times since I have owned my house in North Dallas. I have been with TXU, Gexa, Reliant, and many others. TXU is normally the most expensive while Gexa threw on some unexpected fees. Reliant energy has been my favorite and they are offering a deal you cannot refuse right now that is actually better than the miles you can get through Southwest or American Airlines. This offer is for a $150 bill credit for a limited time.
Steps to get $150 from Reliant Energy
1. Sign up for a Reliant Energy term plan by December 31 using referral ID JCZEGC7.
2. Choose the term plan that is right for you.
3. Receive a $150 bill credit. You can also refer your friends to get more credits on your electric bills.
4. Do this before December 31, 2016.
Remember to enroll in a term plan to get your referral reward. Month-to-month plans are not eligible. You can now track your bill credits and monitor how many referral credits are coming your way when you log in to your online account. If you have any trouble enrolling online you can call 1-866-RELIANT to sign up. (more…)