The new 5% cash back bonus categories have been announced for all of 2018. Those cardholders will be able to earn cashback on up to $1,500 in purchases at Gas Stations & Wholesale Clubs from January – March 2018. Activation is available now, and you can also activate your Q4 if you haven’t done so. Simply log into your Discover account to activate your 4th Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories!
Tip: If you are not signed up for Discover IT then use our Discover $50 Bonus link. Simply make one purchase to get your $50 bonus! Don’t forget double cash back for the first year, which means you can get $100 referral bonus along with double for 5% cash back categories.
Discover 5% Cashback 2018 Q1 Categories:
- Gas Station – Standalone only. Those affiliated with superstores and supermarkets may not be eligible.
- Wholesale Clubs – Make sure your Discover card is accepted. You can use it at Sam’s Club but not Costco for example. Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible. TIP: You can always buy gift cards at Sam’s Club to shop at Walmart or other retailers.
Discover It 2018 5% Cashback Categories:
- January-March: Gas Stations, & Wholesale Clubs (valid through 3/31/2018)
- April-June: Grocery Stores (valid through 6/30/2018)
- July-September: Restaurants (Valid through 9/30/2018)
- October-December: Amazon.com & Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 9/1/2018)
If you don’t have the Discover It Card, you might be excited to hear that it has 0% APR for 14 months on purchases, no annual fee, no fee for your first late payment, no over limit fee, no fee for payments by phone, and no foreign transaction fees. In addition to these already great features, all eligible purchases made with your Discover card are protected for up to $500 during the first 90 days if they’re stolen or accidentally damaged.