I’ve had a bad week or so after learning that I was denied for the new Chase Sapphire Reserve Card everyone has been going overboard about. This led to be being depressed and applying for 4 other cards in which I got approved for all of them because they are not Chase Nazi’s. Ha!. One of those cards is the Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard which I have had before but it’s been a few years. This card is a Mastercard and gives 2% back on all purchases which leads me to one of the best ways to do manufactured spending right now that The Bluebird Card and other ways are off the table. This would enable me to reach a $3,000 spend in order to qualify for a 40,000 point bonus I get with the travel credit card.
This works wonderful in my situation because I need to do spending anyway and would love to put more money towards my mortgage without paying any fees using my credit card. You have to act fast to do this though. Let me show you how it works below so you can either get in on this promotion or do it when they bring it back.
Plastiq is a new way to pay bills that can’t normally be paid with a credit card. Plastiq says you can pay any bill (businesses or individuals) using their service and they’ll charge you a flat 2.5% fee. But for a limited time you can schedule at least 6 rent or mortgage payments with your MasterCard, by September 30, and lock in a 1.75% rate on those payments.
Just follow these five steps, then sit back and relax as you pay your rent or mortgage just the way you want – with a rewards credit card:
Updated Offer at 2% Promo
Use your American Express card to pay only a 2% fee on any payment made by the deadline.
To start taking advantage of the promotional 2% fee, follow these easy steps:
1. Sign Up for Plastiq
2. Submit or schedule a payment for ANY bill.
3. Make sure the “Processing Date” is no later than February 28, 2017. You can see the “Processing Date” when you hover over a date in the calendar.
4. Use an American Express card to make the payment.
5. A special 2% fee will be applied to payments processed from January 11, 2017 to February 28, 2017 using an American Express card. Offer does not apply to payments scheduled during the promotional period which are set to process after the promotional period.
To Profit with a huge credit card bonus from the offer then apply for one of these AMEX Cards first:
1. Up to $300 Bonus on American Express Blue Everyday. No Annual Fee so use this Plastiq offer to pay your property taxes or federal taxes to maximize on both promotions to meet your minimum spend of $1,000 to get a $100 Bonus. It also features a $200 Amazon bonus.
2. 75,000 Hilton HHonors Points
3. If you own a Business then Sign up for this 100,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Point offer that expires in a few days!
Keep in mind that your regular mortgage payment process will not be changed by this so if you want to contact your lender and let them know your doing this for 6+ payments. That way you are not paying twice on your mortgage. I plan on making 6 payments of $500 on my mortgage so that I can acheive my $3,000 in spending for a credit card bonus of 40,000 points. This will land me over $400 in free travel and I will also be profiting from the leftover money when you subtract the 1.75% Plastiq fee from the 2.00% cash back credit card bonus i’ll be making.
Looking at the scheduling of my Plastiq mortgage payments you can see that the fee will be 1.75% of $500. My credit card 2x will make me $10. The fee Plastiq charges will be $8.75. I’ll be profiting $1.25 off each of these mortgage payments. This also gives me an extra 30 days or so until I have to pay it without it debiting from my bank account as usual. There are so many amazing positives about this promotion.
You can also pay your rent using this promotion from Plastiq. This is not just limited to mortgages. So if you live in an apartment and want to schedule 6 or more rent payments then do it before the end of September.
Past Offer 1.75%
1. Sign Up for Plastiq
2. Schedule 6 or more payments, as far into the future as you’d like.
3. Make sure those payments are for rent or mortgage.
4. Use a MasterCard to make these payments (Any bank MasterCard)
4. Submit this scheduling of payments before September 30, 2016, 11:59 p.m. PT.