Get 21.5% back with Capital One Quicksilver with Uber Rides

UberCapitalOneUpdate: Changed the title to read 21.5% because you not only get a 20% back but you get 1.5% just by having a Quicksilver Card totaling 21.5% cash back. This is almost a fourth of your trip comped.

June 2016 Update: They actually just updated the Quicksilver promotion where you get the 10th ride free instead of the 20% back.

Get 20% back just by switching to pay with a Capital One Quicksilver card. Any Uber rider paying with a Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card will receive a 20% credit on their card statement on all rides taken through April 30, 2016.

The credit will be valid on all Uber rides paid for in USD and will be applied to your card statement in 1-2 billing cycles. There’s no need to add a promo code for this credit; as long as you’re using your Quicksilver or QuicksilverOne card to pay for the ride, you’ll automatically receive the credit.

If you have not taken Uber before read about it here and get an additional $20 off.


Here’s how it works:

Step 1: Download the Uber app for iOS or Android
SAdd or select your Quicksilver card as your payment method—no special enrollment necessary!
You’ll get 20% back on every ride through April 30, 2016

Qyicksilver is one of my favorite cards from Capital One as they are the card we previously talked about from Household Bank that pays 1.5% back on purchases. So not only are you getting 20% back but the 1.5% back.

You may also sign up to double dip and get Starpoints with every Uber Ride. It definitely pays to take Uber over a Yellow Cab.

$5 Uber Rides in NYC
If you live in New York or visiting you can take advantage of $5 rides with their UberPool service. This is basically a carpool service with other people. The promotional rate expires on May 18, 2015.