You could spend all day and night searching online for the hottest 0% Transfer offers online with no balance transfer fee but its nearly impossible to find decent offers. You may get a few offers a week from your current or wannabe credit card companies offering 0% but with transfer fees. Search engines also tend to give you 5 pages of junk results about credit cards that DO have fees. I refuse to move money with fees so this is my short list of the best 0% No Fee cards right now.
My favorite Top 3 Cards that are 0% APR with No Balance Transfer fee are the following:
1. We are in love with this Credit Union Alliant Bank (alliantcreditunion.org). You get 0% APR for 12 months with NO FEES. You don’t have to be a member to apply and find out if you qualify for the 0% APR deal. Choose ‘not a member’ when you apply and if you are approved you’ll then be able to become a member of the credit union to finish opening your account. I applied for this myself to transfer money from my Slate card that was ending this month to do my annual shuffle around of balances on 0% Cards. My credit line was actually bigger on this card than with Chase Bank but mainly because I have so many cards already with the bigger bank.
2. The Chase Slate Card with 0% APR for 15 months and NO FEE has been a long time favorite of ours. We just ended our 15 month fabulous balance transfer with ‘Slate’ this month, made our minimum payments and had more than a year at no interest. Simple as that. The only bad thing about having an open ‘Slate’ card is that there are so many other good Chase Bank offers to earn rewards its best to seek out credit unions and other non-rewarding banks.
3. Citizens Bank Credit Cards (RBS Bank) has 0% APR for 15 months with NO FEE. which is the same as the Chase Slate offer above. You must live where they have a branch but I had no trouble applying but got a letter saying they could not verify income. I got approved for the Alliant Bank Card so I did not bother to call back but that extra 3 months of interest free money would be nice. More information can be found at citizensbank.rbsnb.com.
Honorable Mentions include:
1. First Tennessee Bank Credit Card (12 mos) but only in the South
2. Logix Credit Union Credit Card (12 mos) not many locations
3. Aspire Credit Union Credit Card has the 0% APR for 6 months with NO FEE. You don’t have to be a member to apply. Just check that you want to join the American Consumer Council which is totally free while filling out your membership application online. This card is good if you need temporary relief from bills with the short six months.
Make sure you apply for non-Rewards card on these sites although if you see a better offer to earn points then do it. If the credit line one bank extends is not be enough to cover all of your debt then feel free to apply for two of these cards but do it on the same day. Once you get the card do not use it for spending or ATM’s. You will see fees unseen to human existence. Pay your minimum payments on time using the automated system and you should be fine.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and RSS (email).