From now for just a few weeks you can earn 35,000 Starwood points on both the AMEX personal and small business cards when you sign-up and meet the minimum spending requirements. Starwood points are highly valuable because they’re not as diluted as other programs and are hard to earn apart from staying at Starwood hotels. This is the highest offer ever for the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Card!
Apply here before March 30, 2016, to earn the increased bonus on both cards. You’ll get:
- 35,000 Starwood points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account (personal card), OR
- 35,000 Starwood points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the 1st 3 months of opening your account (small business card)
- 2 points per $1 you spend at Starwood hotels (includes Aloft, Design Hotels, Element, Four Points, Le Meridien, Sheraton, St Regis, The Luxury Collection, Tribute Portfolio, Westin and W brand hotels)
- 1 Starwood point per $1 you spend on everything else
- Unlimited use of Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots (excluding in-flight)
- For small business cardholders, access to Sheraton Club lounges (free breakfast and hors d’oeuvres) for cardholder and 1 guest staying in the same room (3rd-party bookings such as Orbitz or Hotwire are excluded).
- 2 stay credits or 5 night credits toward Starwood Elite Status
- $95 annual fee, waived for the 1st year
- No foreign transaction fees
50,000 Easy Airline Miles
This is not your typical credit card which has 1x earning power. You can multiply this power by redeeming points for airline miles and turning it into a 5,000 point bonus. The Starwood small business card has a minimum spending requirement of $5,000 which earns you at least 5,000 Starwood points. You will then earn the 35,000 Starwood point sign-up bonus. You can turn your 40,000 Starwood points into 50,000 airline miles! If you transfer them to partner airlines, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 points you transfer. In this case: 20,000 Starwood points yields 25,000 airline miles X 2. Yes, you can do this more than once so it can be very lucrative for international travel on airlines such as American, Delta, and United.
Multiple ways to redeem Starwood Points:
- Award stays at any of their hotel brands all over the world
- Inexpensive hotel stays using the Cash + Points benefit
- Many airline transfer partners like American Airlines, United Airlines, British Airways, Emirates, and more
- The 5th night free perk at Starwood Category 3 to 7 hotels
- 5 nights and 2 airline tickets to Disney World