Why not both? Hilton Honors program has two separate credit card programs that you may want to choose from if your credit limit is reached but if not then get both of them and secure all of the miles you can. Although you get the same introductory points with the Visa version of the Hilton HHonors card you do not have some of the privileges you get with the lesser Hilton Honors card. The American Express version allows you to earn miles faster earning 2 more miles per Hilton hotel transaction and 1 more mile for every other retail or card purchase. Which card should you choose? We recommend you choose both the Citi® Hilton HHonors® Visa® Signature Card version.
Limited Time: Biggest Ever Sign-Up Bonuses On Hilton Amex Cards!
The no annual fee Hilton Honors Card from AMEX is offering 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after spending $2,000 in purchases within the first three months.
7x points on Hilton purchases
5x points at US restaurants, US supermarkets, and US gas stations
3x points on other purchases
The card also offers Honors Silver status for as long as you have the card, which gets you a 15% points bonus. If you spend $20,000 on the card in a year you’ll earn Hilton Honors Gold status as well. Apply Here.
Hilton AMEX Offers Can Save You Huge
$35 Off Hampton Inn Stay when you tweet #AmexHamptonHGI on a $175 Hotel Stay. Plus, Save $45 at Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites.
Hilton Hotels Surpass card To Reach Diamond Faster
Searching for a faster way to reach HHonors Diamond VIP status? The Hilton HHonors Surpass Card may be the card you have been searching for. This card has now been transformed into the Reserve Version.
Redeem Stays for Less Points as a Cardmember
The only reason to own a Citi American Airlines AAdvantage card is to be able to fly for less miles with the benefit they provide and the American Express Hilton Card offers this same value. As a valued Hilton HHonors Cardmember, you can receive four Hilton HHonors reward nights at any Category 5 hotel for 125,000 HHonors points or at any Category 6 hotel for 145,000 HHonors points. This special savings of 15,000 points per category is an exclusive benefit to Hilton HHonors Cardmembers. To redeem for this reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and provide Reward Codes AXON5 (Category 5) or AXON6 (Category 6).
Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Upgrade for spending $20,000 or more
You can now enjoy things like Improved benefits with higher point multiples and Faster rewards if you just put all your everyday spending on your Hilton HHonors Card.. The Hilton HHonors® Platinum Credit Card from American Express offers this upgrade option and all you have to do is go shopping using this card. Upgrade to the Hilton HHonors(R) Gold VIP tier for a full year when you spend $20,000 or more on your Card in a calendar year.
What are the exclusive perks of a Hilton HHonors Upgrade?
- Upgraded accommodations or amenities
- Complimentary health club privileges at hotel owned-and-operated facilities
- Gold VIP members are even eligible for exclusive VIP-Only Vacation Rewards
- Earn a 25% bonus on all HHonors Base points credited while you are a Gold VIP
- At Embassy Suites Hotels, Gold VIP members will be offered “The Embassy Touch”, including a light snack on night of arrival
- At Hilton Garden Inn hotels, Gold VIP members will receive complimentary continental breakfast each morning for the member and one additional person throughout the stay and a $5.00 coupon for use during stay at the Pavilion Pantry® (excludes alcohol) or 750 HHonors points if upgrade to a suite is not possible
- At Scandic hotels, Gold VIP members will automatically receive the best available room (excluding suites), if available at check-in. You will also receive a 50 SEK Food & Beverage Voucher and free fruit and mineral water delivered to your room.
How many stays does it normally take to qualify for VIP status?
To Qualify you would normally need 16 stays or 36 nights at participating HHonors hotels in a consecutive 12-month period. At Scandic hotels, only qualifying nights and HHonors Base point earnings count toward VIP status. HHonors Base points will help qualify you for VIP status. You’ll earn Gold VIP status after earning 60,000 Base points in any consecutive 12-month period. Of course, you can still qualify based on your number of qualifying stays or nights.
I have used my Hilton credit card (Visa version) for months now and accumulated over 50,000 points. Is there a way to transfer points to a co-worker as a Wedding Gift?
Yes, most definitely. Hilton recently introduced a new Point Transfer Program from Hilton HHonors® making it easier for you to give the gift of travel by transferring your HHonors points to anyone you choose on occasions such as: Weddings/Honeymoons, Anniversaries, Graduation, Retirement, Birthdays, and even Christmas. To transfer points you must visit Hiltonhhonors.com/transfer then choose to give or receive HHonors points and its easy after that.
Can I earn HHonors points from Limo or Chauffeured Car Services?
Yes, this will get you some extra points and save you 10% when you need car services to and from the airport! With EmpireCLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services, Cardmembers can receive 500 Hilton HHonors bonus points per car service booking. All you have to do is book at empirecls.com/hilton and add your American Express version of the card to the profile.
Has the Card Benefits and promotions changed in the last year?
Yes, there have been many changes including some promos you may have missed out on such as these:
- Earn additional 10,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points – that’s 2,500 Hilton HHonors bonus points for each of your first four stays at any Hilton Family Hotel
- 15,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in 5 months – that’s in addition to the 15,000 points you would earn for your Card spending