Where can you find the cheapest rental cars?
Off-Airport rental car companies are usually the least expensive. These companies do not have to pay the high airport leasing fees. It may be also less hassle avoiding the crowds at the airports if you are worried about time. An example of these off-airport locations are Thrifty at FLL-Ft. Lauderdale and Royal Car Rental. Car rental companies that are connected to the airport at Ft. Lauderdale are Budget and Avis.
Here are some Rental Car Company Discounts:
1. Thrifty – Save 5% at Thrifty Car Rental on your travel reservations – Enter Code AU11. There is also a discount if you are a member at Sam’s Club. If you travel to Florida during the off-season they offer a Florida Getaway PC Code GBFG.
2. Budget – Get an Extra 10% off using a Citi Business Credit Card plus a 2% rebate by clicking on a link from the an online Shopping Mall.
3. Avis – Avis is the more expensive rental car company that owns the cheaper Budget. Avis may have a better car selection though. A few Avis codes to try are D005927 and D086533. You may try flyertalk.com and read through the rental car forums for more.
4. Hertz – The Hertz Gold program gives you the deepest rental discounts. Here are some current promotion examples: $15 Off Weekend PC# 992515, $25 Off Weekly PC# 992493. Hertz and Avis always seem to have the most expensive car rentals but offer things such as satellite radio guaranteed in your car. You should always seek a discount when booking online with Hertz or you will be overpaying.
- No extra charge for 21-24 year olds to rent PC# 126884
- AAA Save Up to $30 On a Weekend Rental Valid through November 15, 2010 in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Airline Partner Offer: Save $30 & Earn Double Valid through December 31, 2010 in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada
- Airline Partner Offer: Save 15% and Earn Double Valid through December 31, 2010 in other global destinations
- Free #1 Gold Membership for Marriott Rewards Members
5. Enterprise Rent-a-car – We advise you sign up for their weekly email specials for the hottest deals. You can save an extra 1% Chase online shopping mall and 2% back with Ebates.
6. Dollar Rent-A-Car (Thrifty above is a subsidary). You can save an extra 3.5% with Ebates. In addition, you can pay with any American Express Card and save 10% on any vehicle.
What Car Rental Rewards Programs Should I Sign Up For?
You should sign up for any car rental companys’ rewards program that you use the most. You not only get rewards but you get treated like a VIP in most programs where you do not have to wait in the same long line as non-members. This could definately save you lots of time at the airport when you have a plane to catch. Opt for airline miles and keep your rewards consolidated. You have the option in most rental car rewards programs to sign up for the airline miles.
If you are not worried about collecting rewards points then book your rental car trips on Hotwire and you can normally save around $100 or so.