The Drop App offers points on shopping purchases at top retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, various grocery stores and restaurants, and more. Just link your credit or debit card in the app, and you’ll earn up to 2% back in points, with the points redeemable for various merchant gift cards from Drop. You can sometimes earn more with the bonus offers such as with Boxed.com.
You have to link your credit and debit cards to the app so they can see where you spent money. Then you’ll earn Drop points to redeem for gift cards at select retailers. Points can only be earned at the five specific retailers you choose from the list (full list below). After initially choosing five stores, it’s not possible to change your selection. Choose your 5 stores carefully!
How to get a sign-up bonus from Drop and start earning cash back:
- Download the Drop app in the Android or Apple Store.
- Enter code gsb8q to start earning cash rewards and get a bonus of 1,000 points.
- Link a card by signing into your bank login for additional bonus points.
- Choose the five retailers where you want to earn points (see below).
Here’s a few of the available merchants to earn points from, and the point earnings rate for shopping with the Drop app:
- Uber – 10 points per $1 (1.5%)
- Lyft – 10 points per $1 (1.5%)
- Chipotle – 12 points per $1 (1.5%)
- Shell – 3 points per $1 (.3%) – You could double dip with this offer using the Fuel Rewards Program to save more money on gas purchases.
Other retailer’s for earning cash-back include:
- Walmart – 2 points per $1 (.2%)
- Seamless – 16 points per $1 (1.6%)
- HEB – 10 points per $1 (1%)
- Fred Meyers – 12 points per $1 (1.2%)
- Trader Joe’s – 12 points per $1 (1.2%)
- Peets – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- Blue Bottle – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- Macy’s – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- Dunkin Donuts – 14 points per $1 (1.4%)
- Target – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- Urban Outfitters – 15 points per $1 (1.5%)
- Bath Body Works – 15 points per $1 (1.5%)
- Whole Foods – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- Safeway – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- 7-Eleven – 16 points per $1 (1.6%)
- Walgreens – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
- Starbucks – 12 points per $1 (1.2%)
- McDonalds – 8 points per $1 (.8%)
Personally, I eat at Chipotle and use Uber and Lyft quite a bit so this app has been giving me free gift cards for really doing nothing different. I also took part in a Boxed.com promotion they had and earned several extra dollars with the app.
It’s the one-time offers we really love with this app. Such as the Phil Pharmacy where you can earn 30,000 Drop points or $30 when you order for the first time the online Pharmacy. An Amazon bonus can get you 2,000 points or $2 on your next $20 purchase. We’ve also seen $75 for signing up with Wealthfront, $7.50 at Naturebox, and $20 back at Boxed.
Know the Point System
Any purchase made with a linked card at your 5 selected retailers will earn points. Each point is worth 1/10 of a penny. For example, 1,000 points is worth $1. When Drop says you’ll earn 20x per dollar on Amazon, that’s not 20% back, rather 2% back. And when you get a 1,000 point signup bonus, it’s not $10, rather $1. You basically move the decimal point over on the points three places to know what the dollar amount will be.
Points can be redeemed for gift cards
Here’s a few examples of redemption options:
- $5 Starbucks – 5,000 Points
- $10 iTunes – 10,000 Points
- $10 Amazon.com – 10,000 Points
- $20 Whole Foods Market – 20,000 Points
- $25 Lyft – 25,000 Points
One of the downsides is this does not like with all credit cards. We could not link it with our new Uber Visa from BarclayCard. Hopefully they get this glitch worked out since it’s where I put all of my dining and Uber purchases now.
Apps to Stack With This One